Rugged Durability and High Performance in Demanding Applications
The GEN2 C40-55s is designed to tackle any task placed in its path. The open-core, plate-fin radiator provides maximum cooling of the engine, transmission and axle in the harshest environments and the most demanding applications.
Engineered for extreme environments, the C40-55s is equipped with a two-stage air filter system that removes 98% of incoming dust and debris before it enters the filter media.
Nested upright rails provide positive rail interlock and a narrow profile to maximize the vision window. The overhead guard safety bars run parallel to the operator’s line of sight resulting in a clear, unobstructed view.
Maximum Visibility + Minimum Fatigue =
Ultimate Safety & Maximum productivity
C40-55s STANDARD FEATURES & BENEFITS
Simple & Error Proof
- Hand operated lever actuates brake.
- Transmission disengages when parking brake is set preventing driving against park brake.
WET DISC BRAKES ON ALL C40-55s MODELS
Enclosed & Oil Cooled
- For smooth, quiet operation.
- Minimal wear promotes long life.
- Reduced maintenance means less downtime.
Power Assist Design
- Low pedal effort reduces operator fatigue.
THE POWER BEHIND THE PUNCH
Field-Proven 4.3 L V-6 GM LPG Engine
- Provides smooth, quiet operation.
- Optional LPG tier 4 version complete with 3 way muffler.
3.8 L Direct injection turbocharged Diesel Engine
- 92 hp provides exceptional output and high torque.
- Water-cooled, 4-cycle diesel.
- Protects your investment in the event of low engine oil pressure, excessive engine coolant or high transmission oil temperatures.
- Engines meet reduced emission and smoke levels.
EASE OF MAINTENANCE
Service Access is Simple
- Seat Deck raises for easy access to both sides of engine and floorboard is removable revealing hydraulic & transmission components.
UPRIGHT AND CARRIAGE
I-Beam style upright
Rails are designed to be 55% stronger than conventional flat-faced rails.
- Better resistance to side-to-side deflection.
- Promotes longer life and improved stability with elevated loads.
Hydraulic Cushioning Valves
- Silent staging reduces shock & vibration.
Shimmable, Sealed & Canted Load Rollers
- Carriage has 6 load rollers & 4 side thrust rollers.
- Maximize load distribution and reduce free play.
- Roller king-pin bearings are tapered and greasable to exclude dirt and extend service-life.
- Linkage pivot pins are double shear design to withstand impact without loosening or breaking.
- Heavy duty, welded, and formed steel plate design protects from impact damage and extends the life of the truck.
- Uses a load-sensing flow control valve for steering to reduce horsepower loss and heat buildup.
Optimum Performance Of Attachments
- The main hydraulic valve incorporates adjustable flow controls for tilt and auxiliary functions.
- Allows for easy addition of extra functions and simplifies service.
Upright Mounted Load Lowering Valve
- Controlled lowering independent of engine speed.
CLARK Safety Seat
- 15 cm / 6” fore / aft adjustment.
- Molded for support.
- Retractable seat belt.
- Weight adjustment and full-suspension available.
Operator Presence Sensing System (Optional)
- Hydraulic and transmission functions disengage when operator leaves seat.
Thick Molded Floor Mat
- Reduces vibration and noise level.
- Improves operator comfort.
Hood Mounted Hydraulic Controls
- Located and sized for ease of use.
Low cowl design
- Greatly increases visibility of forks and load.
Tilt Steering Column
- Adjusts to suit operator & provides easier entry/exit.
- Double auxiliary valve
- Hose adaptations
- Side shifters
- Strobe lights
- Full Cabin with Heater or air-conditioning
- Rear work light
- Audio system
- Varius seat option
- Various tire options
- Different Fork Positioner